Mzansi News

Woman Flees N@KED as fire rips through shacks in Alex

Residents in Alexandra where a fire ripped through more than 100 shacks are pleading for help from government, saying they’re left with only the clothes on their backs.

A 16-month-old baby boy was killed in the blaze on Saturday night.

Simphiwe Chauke was sleeping when the fire broke out.

Alex fire

Residents there say they had no time to save any of their belongings as the flames spread rapidly in just a few hours. One woman says she ran out of her home, wearing nothing but her underwear.

“I was so afraid, I ran out of my house N@KED. The clothes I have on right now were given to me by my neighbours.”

She’s pleaded with government for a place to live.

“If government could just help us with a place to stay and food so our children can eat. We have been sleeping out in the cold since Saturday night.”

The local Emergency Services Department has pleaded with people to assist and drop off what they can at the Sandton fire station.

Source : EWN

Are you looking for a new job?

Are you unemployed and want a new job? Or maybe you have a job already and want to find greener pastures? We have all these amazing Job Listings just for you. Take a look and find that amazing Job Today.  – See All Listings
Back to top button