Peri Peri Chicken Livers – #mzansicooking #robertsons.
- 5 ml Robertsons Portuguese Chicken Spice
- 500 g Cleaned Chicken Livers
- 15 ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil for frying
- 1 Green Pepper diced
- 1 Onion sliced
- 30 ml Robertsons Paprika
- 10 – 15 ml Robertsons Peri Peri
- 10 ml Robertsons Garlic Flakes soaked in boiling water and drained
- 410g can Chopped Tomatoes
- Season livers with Chicken Spice.
- Heat a little oil in a non-stick pan and brown livers, leaving them slightly pink inside.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add a drop more oil and fry green pepper and onion for 2 minutes.
- Add spices and garlic and fry for a further minute to allow the flavours to develop.
- Add tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes. Season to taste.
- Return livers to pan and cook gently for 1 – 2 minutes to heat through.
- Serve with toast or Portuguese bread rolls.
Prepare, gather and have all your ingredients in front of you before you begin cooking – this is known as mis en place.