Freshly grated beetroot is high in folate and gives these veggie burgers great colour and taste.
* 1 1/2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
* 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
* 1 carrot, peeled, coarsely grated
* 1 small beetroot, peeled, coarsely grated
* 2 tbsp korma curry paste
* 750g can four bean mix, rinsed, drained
* 1/2 cup (loosely packed) fresh coriander leaves
* 20g (1/4 cup) quinoa flakes
* 2 tbsp quinoa flakes, extra
* 2 wholegrain (or sourdough) rolls, split, toasted
* 80ml (1/3 cup) beetroot tzatziki
* Baby spinach leaves
* 1 Lebanese cucumber, sliced into ribbons
* Microherbs, to serve
4 Method / Steps
Heat 2 tbsp of the oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add carrot and beetroot and cook for 2 minutes. Add curry paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute until aromatic. Set aside to cool completely.
Process bean mix and coriander in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Place onion mixture, bean mixture and quinoa in a bowl. Use hands to mix until combined. Shape into 4 flat patties. Place extra quinoa on a plate. Press patties into quinoa to lightly coat.
Heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add patties and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden. Transfer to a paper towel to drain.
Top roll bases with tzatziki, spinach, patties, cucumber and herbs. Sandwich with roll tops.
source – cooking365.co.za