Home Mzansi News A 6 YEAR OLD BOY DIES IN BEDROOM FIRE BLAZE

A 6 YEAR OLD BOY DIES IN BEDROOM FIRE BLAZE

239
0
Loading...

The 65-year-old left the room and went outside to use the toilet.

 When he returned he was shocked to find their RDP house on fire.

By the time neighbours managed to put out the fire, everything in the house had been reduced to ashes, including little Amogelang.

The 6-year-old from New Town in Mothutlung, North West, burned to death after his gogo’s brother lit a candle in their bedroom on Friday night.AMOGELANG Rakole died an agonising death.

 

His remains were found in his bed, where he had been sleeping.

According to his gogo, Esther Rakole (48), her grandson had club feet and used a wheelchair to move around.She said she and the boy’s mum left Amogelang at the house while they went to a night vigil.

The gogo’s brother was supposed to look after Amogelang while they were away.

“He was late so we left before he could arrive. He said there were no lights in the house so he went out to buy a candle.

“While preparing to sleep in the same bedroom as Amogelang, nature called and he rushed out to the toilet,” she said.

The family suspects the candle fell on top of the bed Amogelang was sleeping in.

“Everything in that room was destroyed by flames. The frame of his wheelchair is the only thing that remained,” she said.

Community leader Christina Sekgotho said the family is unemployed. She is pleading with SunReaders to help the Rakoles bury the child.

She said: “Any form of donation is welcome.”

Loading...