Popular Metro FM DJ Tbo Touch was ‘silenced’ last week. iMzansi has learnt that Touch wasn’t scheduled on his popular show, The Touch Down.

And today, it was exclusively revealed that Touch had a shouting match with his boss lady, Sibongile Mtshali. The argument started over his Monday gospel segment called Monday Replenishment. According to an insider at SABC, the boss lady wanted the segment to be 20 minutes long.


ANC Chief whip, Jackson Mthembu is a big fan of Monday Replenishment and has often tweeted about it. A source at the SABC said : ‘There is a war of words between Sibongile and Touch over the segment. Touch did not want to back down as he believes it’s popular. Sibongile phoned the studio and told him to cut it there and then. There was a war of words’

A second source, who is close to the situation, said : ‘The following day, Touch was told not to come to work. It’s still unclear, but we were told he will be back on the 25th of April. Word is they’re trying to resolve the matter. Touch was told not to Tweet about the show’

A third source, an executive at the SABC, said : ‘It’s unfortunate what happened. We need people to come up with creative ideas to boost ratings. Tbo’s show is number one out of all the stations in his slot. I hope they bring back. We don’t want to lose him to a rival station’

Last week, as Phat Joe filled in for Touch, fans asked what happened to him. Sibongile refused to comment. referring questions to SABC spokesman, Kaizer Kganyago. ‘I dont have anything to say,’ Sibongile said.

Yesterday, Kaizer said : ‘Yes, we can confirm that Touch hasn’t been scheduled. There are various issues. Management is dealing with them.’

Touch was not available for comment. He had not responded to messages and SMSes sent to him at this time of publish


Comment with your Facebook