How about some Home Made Scones with Coffee this Winter. Like the Game of Thrones, Winter is coming to Mzansi and you better be prepared. Why not have your daily coffee or tea or herbal tea or slimming tea with some scones that you make on your own… Here is how…
Preparation: 15 min
Cooking: 10 min
500 ml (2 c) flour
15 ml (1 T) baking powder
2,5 ml (½ t) salt
30 g castor sugar
60 g butter
200 ml (¾ c) milk
1 egg mixed with 5 ml (1 t) water
use jam to serve
Preheat the oven to 180 °C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
1. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl, add the sugar and stir through.
2. Rub the butter into the flour until it resembles breadcrumbs. Make a well in the centre of the flour, pour in the milk and cut through with a butter knife.
3. Turn onto a floured surface and knead lightly until the dough is smooth. Slightly flatten the dough and cut circles out of the dough with a cookie cutter.
4. Place on a baking tray, brush the tops with the egg wash and bake for 10 minutes.
5. Cool on a wire rack and serve with jam.