GRIEVING mum Mmule Rasehwete often wakes up in a cold sweat in the middle of the night.
This is because a year after her 25-year-old son, Neo, was stabbed to death after going to a party in Ga-Rankuwa, Tshwane, his killers have still not been sentenced.
The 49-year-old mum said: “My son often visits me in my dreams crying. I have not enjoyed a night of sleep since he was killed. I have been admitted to hospital for depression twice since his death.”
Mmule said her nightmare started the night Neo was invited by his friends to attend a party.
“I received a call from him in the middle of the night. He was crying and told me he had been involved in a fight, but he was safely on his way home. He said he had managed to get away,” she said.
“In the early hours of the morning the police came knocking on my door to inform us he had died. I found him lying in a pool of blood with multiple stab wounds in his upper body.”
Mmule said she wanted answers from her son’s killers.
“What was so important that they had to follow him home and finish what they had started?” she asked.
- A man accused of killing Neo appeared in the Ga-Rankuwa Magistrates Court last Friday. The case was postponed to the end of next month.